Fall season for all new incoming athletes (novices) will begin on Monday, August 27th. Practice begins at 3:30 and ends at 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday. If you are interested in joining, download the membership packet below and bring it with you on the first day. Please contact Lori Rediger, President at (916) 300-3624 for any other information.
If you are coming to Nimbus Flat from Westbound U.S. 50, exit at Hazel Avenue and make a right onto Hazel Avenue. Then make the very first right turn into the Nimbus Flat State Park entrance, pictured below. (When you make that right turn you should still be able to see the freeway exit ramp. If you reach Gold Country Blvd/Nimbus Flat Rd., you’ve gone too far). Proceed to the State Parks gate where you will have to pay $10.00 to drive into Nimbus Flat. If you do not want to pay the $10.00 entrance fee, you can park your car at the “park and ride” area located just before the gate for free and walk from there to our meeting place.
Once you go through the state park gate, follow the road to the 3rd stop sign (there will be a “UNRC” sign there), then make a right and you will see us just ahead. Please call Lori at 916-300-3624 if you have trouble finding us, or if you are going to be late. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Top ten reasons why you should join Upper Natoma Rowing Club:
- In the program’s first season (2010-2011), four boats qualified for Nationals and won medals at the Southwest Junior Regional Championships. In the 2011-2012 season, three UNRC boats won medals at the Southwest Junior Regional Championships and two boats went on to earn silver and bronze medals at Nationals.
- UNRC was the first Sacramento-based rowing club to qualify a women’s varsity 8+ for Nationals, which placed ninth in the nation.
- We have dedicated, hardworking and successful coaches and staff
- You will train and row on Lake Natoma, a world class rowing venue
- You will learn to work as part of a team as you all strive for success
- You will become mentally and physically fit
- You will learn discipline, time management and other life lessons
- You will learn unique skills, including how to rig and derig a rowing shell
- You will learn the art of rowing
- You will have fun and make new friends
Upper Natoma Rowing Club (UNRC) was established to meet the need for a competitive high school rowing program in the Folsom, Sacramento and surrounding areas.
UNRC competes in the Southwestern Conference. Our coaching staff has established UNRC as a Southwestern powerhouse. In its first season, UNRC qualified and medaled four boats at the Southwest Junior Regional Championships. We were the first Sacramento-based rowing club to qualify and send a women’s varsity 8+ to the National Championships
Our coaches and staff provide a positive rowing experience for our athletes and teach useful life lessons including hard work, dedication, sacrifice, teamwork, time management and excellence.