UNRC is proud to be participating in this year’s Big Day of Giving (“BDOG”) on May 4th and we need your help to make it a smashing success! The BDOG is a 24-hour window of time when the Sacramento region bands together and donates to the local non-profit organizations that help make our community great! Please read more about UNRC’s story and our current program needs on our BDOG profile here: https://www.bigdayofgiving.org/UNRC and if you would like to learn how to donate, check out the video below. We thank you in advance for any support you want to give to our program on May 4th! Go UNRC!
Learn to Row
UNRC will be holding two “Learn to Row” weeks over the summer this year! The first week is June 19th-23rd. The second week is June 26th-30th. Each week is open to athletes in eighth grade through high school who are interested in learning how to row or cox. The program is focused on introducing new athletes to the sport of rowing by providing them with an opportunity to meet UNRC’s coaches and staff, learn boat handling and mechanics, coxing basics, and how to properly train on an erg machine.
Since not all young athletes feel comfortable committing to a sport they likely have never been exposed to before without trying it out first, participating in a Learn to Row week is a perfect opportunity to test out the sport before deciding whether to join the team for a full season beginning in August.
Each week is limited to the first 18 athletes who sign up. Reserve your spot now with a non-refundable $50.00 deposit. Click here to sign up.
If you are coming to Nimbus Flat from Westbound U.S. 50, exit at Hazel Avenue and make a right onto Hazel Avenue. Then make the very first right turn into the Nimbus Flat State Park entrance, pictured below. (When you make that right turn you should still be able to see the freeway exit ramp. If you reach Gold Country Blvd/Nimbus Flat Rd., you’ve gone too far). Proceed to the State Parks gate where you will have to pay $10.00 to drive into Nimbus Flat. If you do not want to pay the $10.00 entrance fee, you can park your car at the “park and ride” area located just before the gate for free and walk from there to our meeting place.
Once you go through the state park gate, follow the road to the 3rd stop sign (there will be a “UNRC” sign there), then make a right and you will see us just ahead. Please call Lori at 916-300-3624 if you have trouble finding us, or if you are going to be late. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Top ten reasons why you should join Upper Natoma Rowing Club:
- In the program’s first season (2010-2011), four boats qualified for Nationals and won medals at the Southwest Junior Regional Championships. In the 2011-2012 season, three UNRC boats won medals at the Southwest Junior Regional Championships and two boats went on to earn silver and bronze medals at Nationals.
- UNRC was the first Sacramento-based rowing club to qualify a women’s varsity 8+ for Nationals, which placed ninth in the nation.
- We have dedicated, hardworking and successful coaches and staff
- You will train and row on Lake Natoma, a world class rowing venue
- You will learn to work as part of a team as you all strive for success
- You will become mentally and physically fit
- You will learn discipline, time management and other life lessons
- You will learn unique skills, including how to rig and derig a rowing shell
- You will learn the art of rowing
- You will have fun and make new friends
Upper Natoma Rowing Club (UNRC) was established to meet the need for a competitive high school rowing program in the Folsom, Sacramento and surrounding areas.
UNRC competes in the Southwestern Conference. Our coaching staff has established UNRC as a Southwestern powerhouse. In its first season, UNRC qualified and medaled four boats at the Southwest Junior Regional Championships. We were the first Sacramento-based rowing club to qualify and send a women’s varsity 8+ to the National Championships
Our coaches and staff provide a positive rowing experience for our athletes and teach useful life lessons including hard work, dedication, sacrifice, teamwork, time management and excellence.